File Setup and Page Size Settings
Send your files in their native format from any supported software. All files must incorporate a 1/4″ bleed on all four sides. You should design at the final image size (100%), with 120-150 dpi of information at final print size for raster-based images. Files must open in Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, QuarkXPress. Word, software available in the Information Commons. For example: .ai, .psd, .indd, .qxp, .jpg, .tif, .eps, .pdf, .doc, (other file formats may be used, as long as we are able to open the file).
- We can print from either CMYK (recommended) or RGB image files.
- All work must be at full print size and sized for printing on the library’s printer (this can be done in the Information Commons). Sycolor does not resize or edit images (i.e., we cannot take an 8.5″ x 11″ image and scale it to poster size!).
- All work must be in CMYK* mode.
- NOTE: Work in RGB color mode will cause color shift when printed! ‧ Sycolor does not load fonts. Default fonts available are those available on Information Commons Windows embedded/rasterized in the image.
- All work must be submitted on a CD, or upload from our website.
- Sycolor reserves the right to refuse to print from any disk or CD which might contain viruses or is not compatible with our software applications.
- You may include a paper printout (8.5″ x 11″, black/ white or color) of final artwork for reference.
- We will print an 8.5″ x 11″ black/white proof from your actual file and obtain your final approval before printing a large format print. This proof print verifies layout and fonts.
- Sycolor does not design or create documents. Sycolor does not trim prints. Setup fees are for correctly formatting and/or setting up the document for the printer.
If you have any questions regarding proper setup for your order,
you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 909-869-6262, Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm E.T.